Friday’s Pop-up Vaccine Clinic at the Burton Caribbean Association
19th May 2021 Update From Staffs County Council
There haves been a few questions raised, so I thought it would be good to share these:
- As this clinic includes under 40s the vaccine won’t be AstraZeneca, as that is contrary to national guidance. Likely to be Moderna, but could be Pfizer
- The booking line is still open 0300 111 8050 – so people can secure a specific slot if they wish. This is still recommended, as the walk ins are on a first served basis (120 jabs available)
- It’s strictly for first doses only – people will be contacted for the 2nd via phone, text, letter or email depending on what information is provided by the patient and how they prefer to be contacted
- There has been 10 cases of the Indian variant In Staffordshire – six of these cases have been found in Stafford, three in Tamworth and one in East Staffordshire and are largely related to households
The pop-up Vaccine Clinic scheduled at the Burton Caribbean Association community centre on Uxbridge Street on Friday 21 May, between 11am and 4pm.
Is now to be a walk in Clinic for a widen group of eligible people. Pre-booking is no longer required:
- Available to all people aged 36 years of age and over.
- PLUS any household members of the above, aged over 18.
Those eligible can now walk in. Pre-booking is no longer required – jabs are on a first-come-first-vaccinated basis whilst vaccines are available.